February 26, 2010
Camp Leatherneck, Afghanistan
01:25
Did I ever mention that my battalion's t-shirt, which was supposed to represent each company in the deployment, had a spelling error on it? Instead of saying "ALPHA/BRAVO/H&S/ENGINEERS," alpha was spelled "APLHA." And they wanted $11 for it, which I didn't waste. I spent $10 on a VMGR-352 t-shirt instead, the C-130 squadron I work with. Don't worry, I'm not revealing anything classified, you can look up on wikipedia where they are right now.
I bring up the CLB-6 shirt because they've really pissed me off again. Aside from the fact that there's an ENORMOUS rumor spreading about us all going to Delaram, a FOB in the middle of nowhere, and absolutely no one in the chain of command clearing any of this up for us, more stupid stuff is happening. The normal bus to work didn't go this morning...and no one...told...anyone...
Once again, LS Marines: Fuck you.
You've said it before 2nd MLG, and I'm sure you'll say it again during my next two and a half years.
And...there's been some kind of pink-eye breakout in my tent of well over one-hundred individuals. Something like six people have it, so to somehow cut down on the spread of it, everyone decided to take out everything in the tent and sweep out the dust. See...because dust and dirt is what gives you pink-eye. It's got nothing to do with not washing your hands and then touching your eyes, oh no no no, not at all. So, let me get this straight one more time Bravo Company. You decided...to sweep the dust...in Afghanistan...and to do so...you had to move my shit and make me re-arrange it all over again? I think this is More Stupidity Part 3 going on 4 already.
There was another angel flight today. I was pretty upset because there were less than 20 of us out there. It was an ANA soldier in a body bag with the Afghan flag hanging over him. Why didn't he deserve a full ceremony conducted by mortuary affairs? Why in the hell weren't there any Afghans there? Why did no one seem to care at all except a few of us?
He didn't die for the U.S., so I guess it doesn't matter. I mean, we're only doing all this for Afghanistan, right? At least some shiny collars could go through the motions and make it look like they care when one of their allies dies in their war.
Don't worry, shiny collars, I'll salute him for you. I only leave the operations desk without anyone to answer the phones, anyone to answer the radio, or anyone to answer the other radio that the planes call in on every time I go outside for an angel flight. Sorry, company commanders/battalion commanders/regimental commanders; I'm probably out of line here. I know you're probably too busy to come out of your offices to salute one of our friends who died for his country that we're trying to save. Oh yeah, you weren't in your office anyway. Someone was answering your phone for you while you strolled around with your entourage "inspecting" places of work under your command.
"Looks squared away, Marines," you say? I know it does, sir. I swept it five minutes before you walked in the door, and I threw away my empty water bottle to make it look like I'm not a shit bag and I actually care, or is that what my NCOs want you to think?
Until next time...
Friday, February 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Maybe I should come over and the same "health speech" I give to my 5th graders :) At least they know how sicknesses are spread! Silly Marines!
ReplyDelete