March 26, 2010
Camp Leatherneck, Afghanistan
02:13
Whoa, it's been a while. Sorry. I either haven't had much to say, or I've just been too exhausted after work to pour out my thoughts in these entries. I've always got limited time to write on this blog, so I'm always feeling pressured to write fast instead of good.
Anyway.
If you know me, you know I'm pretty laid back. I try to remain that way at all times and not get stressed out about things, or at least not show that I'm stressed out about something.
Today I reached my boiling point and exploded at someone. There was totally merrit in me yelling at the person, but it was just as surprising to me as it was to anyone else in the room. I'm getting more and more tired of people who don't take any responsibility for their mistakes. Seriously, like John Hammond from Jurassic Park, I don't blame for their mistakes, but I do either ask that they pay for them, apologize for them, or try and correct themselves. When someone has so many second chances to correct themself after making mistakes and still does not, I get pissed off. Tonight I got really pissed off.
Anyway, what else? I'm getting replaced already. My replacement has been working with me probably since just after my last blog post. He's got the job; I don't even need to be there. That either means the job's easy or I'm a good teacher.
I'm glad I'm leaving now though, I hate what the Bastion A/DACG is going to become. There are so many changes getting made for no reason and so many more high ranking people that are going to be around.
For the past month it has essentially just been me and three other people from my MOS running the place, not counting the forklift drivers. Since there were no NCOs around, my billet was pretty much the senior one, although I was basically delegating things that needed to happen instead of actually telling people what to do. Not that big of a deal.
I'm spent.
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment