May 28, 2010
Delaram 2, Afghanistan
04:55
Yesterday morning I was sitting down in the A/DACG tent. I put some music on, and it started making me a little sleepy like music does. I leaned back in the chair and yawned, closed my eyes. I fell asleep quickly. A moment later...BOOM!
"WHAT THE FUCK!" the guy next to me yelled, and I jerked up in my seat, definitely awake now. What I'd heard was easily the closest explosion to my location since I'd arrived in Afghanistan.
The four of us in the tent opened the front "door" and looked out across the flat area near the LZ. There was smoke blowing away. The mortar round...or rocket, or whatever it was landed only about 300-400 yards away from us. Shortly after, we ran to the shelter and waited for the all clear signal to be given. It was a pretty sobering morning.
I'm willing to bet they're shooting at the LZ, watching where the shell lands, and adjusting their fire to hit closer to the LZ when helicopters are actually on the ground.
That's my update for now.
Also, for anyone reading, is there anything I haven't talked about yet that you're interested in understanding more? Do you have any questions about something I haven't mentioned, or something you want me to elaborate on? Please ask me.
Send me an email (jmilas89@gmail.com) with any questions you have. Ask as many as you want. I'll answer them to the best of my abilities in the next entry I make here. If you don't want me to identify you in the answer to my question, please let me know and I'll mark it as "Anonymous" or something.
Don't be afraid to ask me anything. Don't be afraid to ask a stupid question; I don't judge people for what they don't know.
And if there's anything that you'd like me to discuss in future entries, let me know. Suggestions and feedback are a great tool for writers, and it helps me to adjust my writing to better satisfy the readers. Again, just send me an email to the same address if you've got any comments.
Until next time...
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YIKES! Glad you and the rest of the guys are safe!
ReplyDeleteWhat is an A/DACG tent? I am so glad that you were not injured or worse.
ReplyDelete